Terms and Conditions
Unless an alternative signed and valid contract is in place between our organisations the following terms and conditions form the basis of your contract with Optimum Chauffeur Drive Limited. Placing a booking with us constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- This is not a consumer contract therefore we accept no liability for any business loss (which includes without limitation, any loss of contracts, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of anticipated savings in expenditure or any loss or corruption of data) however caused, even if foreseeable.
- We reserve the right to subcontract the provision of services to our chosen third-party subcontractors and affiliates and in such situations our liability is limited to ensuring that we use due care in the selection of the sub-contractor or affiliate company to provide the services.
- Any journey times provided by us are best estimates only and whilst we use all reasonable efforts to get passengers to their destinations in the shortest possible time, we shall have no liability if a journey time exceeds any estimate given or otherwise exceeds the client's or the passenger's expectations for whatever reason nor shall we have any other liability to the client or the passenger in connection with the time at which the passenger reaches or fails to reach the destination (unless it is due to our fault or negligence in not arriving at the scheduled collection time).
- Optimum Chauffeur Drive shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs or expenses (whether foreseeable or not) incurred or suffered by the client or the passenger (other than in the event of death or personal injury) due to occurrences, acts or omissions including on the part of the driver outside of our reasonable control.
- It shall be for the Client and/or the Passenger to ensure that any personal items are covered by appropriate insurance. The Company cannot accept liability for loss of or damage to such items.
- We will only accept bookings placed with us by email, telephone, our web booking facility, App or third-party Booking Portal.
- On receipt of your booking we will confirm receipt and email you a booking confirmation.
- If for any reason you don't receive a booking confirmation it is the bookers responsibility to request the confirmation.
- A booking is only confirmed when you have received the confirmation (which includes the relevant booking reference numbers)
- It is the Booker's responsibility to check the booking confirmation for any errors. Optimum Chauffeur Drive will not accept any liability for errors in service resulting from incorrect booking confirmations.
- Bookings placed via a Booking Portal will receive confirmation directly from the Booking Portal. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided in this type of confirmation.
- Payment details are required to secure the booking.
- Optimum Chauffeur Drive reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- The Client is liable for charges reasonably and properly incurred from the time the vehicle is assigned to the booking until completion of the assignment.
- Services will be charged according to our agreed rates, a copy of which is available on request. Unless a quotation or copy of our rates is requested, it will be assumed that you are aware of the charges that will apply to the service and are willing to proceed on this basis.
- Our Chauffeur services are charged on the following basis:
Chauffeur services are charged from the time the vehicle leaves base until it returns to base.
A minimum hire period is applicable on all Chauffeur Services.
Rates for overseas services are subject to exchange rate fluctuations and the invoiced cost may differ from previously quoted prices.
In certain locations additional surcharges may apply for services provided during the night, at weekends or during public holidays.
All 'at disposal / as directed' services are charged by the hour in 30-minute increments from the time the vehicle leaves base to when it returns. If a service changes from the period of time originally specified or if the vehicle incurs excess mileage any quoted cost will change accordingly.
Parking, tolls and driver subsistence charges may apply and will be charged at cost.
Fuel surcharges and congestion charges may apply in some locations.
For airport transfers if the status of a flight changes and we receive notification of this after the vehicle has been dispatched, the service will be charged from the original scheduled pick up time. We will always take steps to ensure that this information is accurate however we cannot be held responsible for any service failure caused by incorrect information provided by airlines or airport information.
- Any quotation provided will be based on the information available at the time. If the subsequent service alters from the quoted service, we reserve the right to invoice based on the actual service not the quoted amount.
- The currency of quotations will be stated at the time of the enquiry when the quotation is provided.
- All quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. However, the final invoice may vary according to currency fluctuations.
Cancellation by you
If you wish to cancel any part of your reservation this must be communicated to us by email or telephone. The cancellation will be deemed to have been accepted by us when we acknowledge by return that your cancellation has been received.
The following cancellation charges will apply:
• 48 hours prior to the booking date/time, 50% of the total costs
• 24 hours prior to the booking date/time 100% of the total costs
Note: different cancellation terms may apply for coach and Minicoach reservations and cancellation policies may vary for all vehicles depending on location - please confirm with us at the time of booking.
Specific large-scale events may result in alterations to cancellation policies. We will notify you of any such alterations at the time of booking.
Unavoidable Cancellations by us and Force Majeure
- We will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or our subcontractors / affiliates could not foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war or threat of war, terrorist activity or the threat of such activity, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or any other disaster and all similar events outside of our control.
- If Optimum Chauffeur Drive cancels a booking, we shall have no liability to the client or intended passenger if we have used all reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify the client of the cancellation in due time.
Billing & Payment
- We endeavour to email invoices within 2 working days of service completion.
- For account customers our standard payment terms are 30 days from the date of the invoice. We accept payment by credit card, cheque or bank transfer
- For non-account customers we only accept credit card or bank transfer payments in advance and card details will be requested at the time of booking. A copy of the invoice will be e-mailed upon service completion and we will automatically charge the credit card provided at the time of invoicing.
- When a charge is queried our standard payment terms continue to be effective unless the query results in a partial or complete refund. In this case, payment terms will apply from the date of issue of any credit note or revised invoice.
- Passengers are at all times solely responsible for the whereabouts and safekeeping of their luggage and other personal effects. Optimum Chauffeur Drive accepts no liability for loss or damage to any personal items under any circumstances.
- All vehicles provided by Optimum Chauffeur Drive will be equipped with seatbelts and it is the passenger's responsibility to ensure they are worn at all times whilst in the vehicle.
- We accept no liability for loss, damage, death or bodily injury that can be attributed to a passenger's failure to wear a seatbelt or other restraint device that was available for their use and in working order. When children are travelling it is the responsibility of the accompanying parent or guardian to ensure that the child is protected by a restraint system appropriate to the child's age and size.
We reserve the right to terminate services without refund or compensation at any time for any of the following reasons:
Our employees or affiliates are subjected to threatening or abusive behaviour (either verbal or physical).
Any other circumstances when a passenger's conduct may affect the safety of themselves, other passengers, the chauffeur or the vehicle.
Any inappropriate activity.
Making a Complaint
- In the unlikely event that you wish to complain about the service we have provided you should do so with the reservations agent who organised the service or your nominated Transport Manager. All complaints will then be referred to one of our company directors for resolution and they will be in touch with you within 24 hours of the complaint being received.
- All complaints must be made within 5 days of service completion and cannot be considered once payment of an invoice has been received. Failure to notify us in accordance with this procedure may affect your right to refund or compensation from us.
Using our Website
- The use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this agreement.
- Users of our website are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their login username and password and also for all activities which take place under the account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. In no event will we be held liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password.
- Links to Third Party Websites:
You may only link to this website with our express written permission. We reserve the right to withdraw our consent at any time to a link which in our opinion is inappropriate.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Our Website and its content (including the Website design Text, graphics and all software and codes connected with the Website) are protected by intellectual property rights and laws. None of the content may be copied, reproduced, stored, sold or distributed without prior written consent from us.